Optimize Your Fertility
By Francis Polansky, M.D.
Environmental factors have a significant impact on reproductive health and your probability of success. It is very important that both partners (if applicable) adhere to these recommendations. You should start following the reproductive health recommendations as soon as possible, as it may take several weeks before there is an improvement in your fertility potential.
- To maximize your probability of success, the following items are a part of your treatment at Bay IVF (both partners if applicable):
- ProOmega®-D Xtra Omega-3 supplements
- Alive!® Multi Max Potency multivitamins
- If you don’t already exercise regularly (several times a week), start walking outdoors for a minimum of 45 minutes each day.
- Both partners (if applicable) should consume an abundance of:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables, coconut oil, and coconut milk
- Deep-sea fish from non-polluted sources
- Both partners (if applicable) should eliminate or minimize the intake of:
- All grains and foods made out of flour: breads, pastas, pastry, cereal, dumplings, tortillas, chips, cupcakes, cakes, cookies, pancakes, puddings, muffins, crackers, tacos, pretzels, bagels, doughnuts, etc.
- Processed meat (salami, sausages, hot dogs, canned meat)
- Soybean, canola, sunflower, safflower, cottonseed, grapeseed, walnut, sesame, peanut, and vegetable oils
- Hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fats (vegetable shortening, margarine)
- Fried foods
- Potatoes and potato products
- Corn and all foods made out of corn, including high fructose corn syrup, need to be eliminated from your diet.
- All soy products (including soybean oil) need to be eliminated from your diet
- Use only organic cane sugar in strict moderation.
- Drink only filtered water or water sold in glass or metal containers.
Please see Environmental Impact on Fertility Potential for a complete list of environmental reproductive health requirements and for the source of your dietary supplements.