IVF Success Rate at Bay IVF
Our patients commonly ask us: How successful is IVF? At Bay IVF, we will help you reach your highest possible pregnancy probability.
Since 1985, we have seen close to two thousand babies born. Helping you fulfill your dreams of bringing a new baby into your lives is the sole purpose of Bay IVF’s existence, and we spare no effort to maximize your likelihood of achieving this goal.
Your initial visit with us will include an assessment of your antral follicle count by pelvic ultrasound. The number of your antral follicles, along with the results of any previous infertility tests and treatments will help determine the probability of your IVF success rate.
At the completion of your visit, you will receive a document showing your current, personal probability of live birth for the recommended treatment(s).
Whether your treatment will be successful depends on several factors. In order of importance, these are:
- Your fertility potential (primarily egg quality)
- The excellence of the embryology laboratory
- Optimized ovarian stimulation
- Pure luck
- The quality of one’s eggs and sperm is the most critical factor influencing the probability of success. To optimize your fertility potential, it is very important that you adhere as closely as possible to the reproductive health recommendations.
- Our state-of-the-art embryology laboratory is directed by Eve Shen, one of the most senior gamete embryologists in the country. Your eggs, sperm, and embryos will receive the highest expertise and quality of care.
- We individualize your treatment protocol. Your ovarian stimulation will be closely monitored and adjusted as necessary to yield the best quality eggs possible.
- There are many factors in the field of advanced reproductive medicine which are either unknown or only partially understood. At a certain level, the treatment outcome is beyond one’s control.
Most patients can increase their cumulative pregnancy probability by having more than one cycle of treatment. The following graph illustrates the approximate increase in successful outcome probability after two and three cycles of treatment.
Two or Three Cycles (Embryo Transfers)
Increase the Likelihood of Successful Outcome
In this example, we used an arbitrary 35% successful outcome probability per IVF treatment cycle. Your actual likelihood of pregnancy could be higher or lower.
Please use the following links for information about reproductive treatments at Bay IVF and to request a consultation.
With Dr. Polansky
Call Bay IVF: 650-322-0500
Text Bay IVF: 650-322-0500
- Email us: care@BayIVF.com
- Use this request form: